Tuesday, March 22, 2011

New Job, New Year!

Danny and I in front of the Andong English Village.
Well it's been a while since the last post due to a lot of changes.  Danny and I have officially been in our new job for about 3 weeks and it's going great!  We are now working at Andong National University at the English Village, which is basically an English camp for kids. (It's funny we leave one camp job for another... is God trying to tell us something?) The first week of teaching was a "learning process" (that is just a nice way to say that all my lessons bombed) but now we are getting the hang of teaching elementary kids.     So I will get into more of what we actually do in the future but I just wanted to show you a little bit of our new job.  We work with 5 other Westerners so that is a big change for us... Danny and I are constantly saying that it is weird that we actually TALK at work (being that we are now not the only English speaking people in our school anymore).

Danny and Chris modeling their khaki pants.
We work with one American woman, Sue, one Austrailian guy, Gareth, one Irish guy, Cathal, and one English guy, Chris.  Needless to say it is an international office.  I'm hoping that all the kids coming to the English Village will walk away with a mixed American/British/Irish/Austrailian accent... that would be awesome ; ) It seems we are already fitting in as Danny is already dressing like one of our coworkers, Chris.

Apparently the guys aren't camera shy.
I'm sure that there will be a fill of poop jokes and farting going on since I will now be working with 4 men (especially because of Danny ; ) but hopefully it will be a fun filled year!  Stay tuned for a long overdue update of our Malaysia/Singapore vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment