Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas done the "creative" way...


I must say that I am in the Christmas spirit this year!  Even though it hasn't snowed here in Andong yet (tear) and they don't really decorate quite like America, I'm excited for Christmas to come.  I'm especially excited for the decorations that we put up last week, mainly our tree.  You can't buy Christmas trees here in Korea so you have to be creative.  Last year we used what some might call a branch for our Christmas tree, but this year we thought we'd try something different...

Last year's tree (I still love that Charlie
Brown branch!)
AND NOW...


This year's tree. (In case you can't guess, that is
our mirror under all that goodness.)
Our tree is constructed out of felt and staples.  Not bad if I do say so myself : )  Before we decided on the crafty version, I walked around our neighborhood and briefly considered cutting down a tree from the yard across the street, but then I thought "tis' the season not to commit a crime"... thus our felt tree was born.


Who needs to spend a ton of money on decorations this season?  Not us!  I hope if you are away from home this holiday season, you too find a way to get some Christmas cheer.  Have a very Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. You can definitely buy Christmas trees in Korea! They have them at big marts like Homeplus or dollar stores like daiso, and there are tons of nice ones on G-market. It'd be difficult to find real trees though.
    I love your felt tree! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to get one from here this year:

    http://item.gmarket.co.kr/detailview/Item.asp?goodscode=227231054

    ReplyDelete